Last updated: [August 2020]
Our collection, use, sharing and processing of Personal Information is also subject to the Terms of Service for our Website located at https://sharetracker.com/tos/ (“Terms of Service”).
- PROCESSING ACTIVITIES COVERED.
- You provide information through your use of our Websites.
- You visit our branded social media pages.
- You or we send or receive communications, including e-mail, text and/or other electronic messages.
- You interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Website.
- You respond to any surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes or other purposes we may identify.
- Us offline or through any other means, including without limitation, on any third party website, except as otherwise provided herein, or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on this Website.
2.3. Links from this Website.
This Website may contain links to other websites, applications and services maintained by third parties. The information practices of such other services, or of social media networks that host our branded social media pages are governed by third parties’ privacy policies or statements, which we encourage you to review to better understand such third parties’ privacy practices.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT.
3.1 Personal Information We Collect Directly from You.
The information we collect from you on or through our Websites, which includes Personal Information, includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites, which includes name, email address, and phone number. This includes other information provided at the time you request additional information or request services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on our Websites.
- • When you use and interact with this Website, we automatically collect log files and other information about your device and your usage of this Website and other details of your visits to this Website, which may include traffic data, location data, other communication data, resources that you access and use on the Websites through cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as Personal Information (please see Section 3.2, “Automatic Data Collection Technologies We Use” below).
3.2 Personal Information We Collect from Third Party Sources.
- Third-party data providers. We purchase personal data from third-party companies that collect and aggregate personal data. Data resellers collect personal data from a variety of sources, including directly from consumers, through devices and browsers, public records, news sources, and from other businesses and data brokers.
- Business customers. Our business customers provide us with personal data when we provide them with our products and services. For example, a business customer may provide us with its customer list so that we provide information to supplement their data and/or customer list for marketing purposes. In most instances, Sharetracker is limited in using the personal data provided by the business customer to provide the product or service requested by the business customer.
- Public records. We collect personal data which is sourced from public records made available by federal, state, and local governments.
3.3 Automatic Data Collection Technologies We Use.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, please see Section 5.2, “Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information”, below.
- Log Files. When you access our Websites, our servers automatically record information sent from your browser, which may include your web request, Internet Protocol address, domain names, referring Uniform Resource Locator, browser type, browser language, and operating system; the date and time of your request and access; and Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser (collectively, “Usage Data”). We may combine Usage Data with Personal Information in a manner that enables us to trace Usage Data to an individual user, and may collect, use, preserve and disclose Usage Data in any manner that we may collect, use, preserve and disclose Personal Information as provided herein (whether Usage Data is combined with any Personal Information or otherwise).
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
3.3 Ways to Manage Cookies.
A. Browser Settings.
As stated above, you can control or disable cookies in your web browser. How you disable cookies depends on which browser you use. All modern browsers allow you to change your privacy settings to prevent websites from planting cookies.
These settings will typically be found in your browser’s “options” or “preferences” menu or by using ‘Help’ option. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful.
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17479/windows-internet-explorer-11-change-security-privacy-settings#1TC=windows-7)
- Firefox (https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies)
- Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en)
- Safari web (https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US)
If you configure your browser to refuse to accept cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of this Website and/or it may not function as intended.
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
- WHY WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We process information that we collect from and/or about you, including Personal Information to perform services for you, to pursue our legitimate interests, and for other purposes, including:
- Provide, improve, and develop our products and services, which includes creating, updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing support.
- To provide our Website and their content to you and allow you to review our services.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us. Where we do not have an account with you or provide you with any services, we process your Personal Information based on our legitimate interest to operate and administer our Websites and to provide you with content you access and may request.
- To provide you with customer support and communication.
- For analytical purposes, which may include generate and analyze statistics about your use of the Website for operational and/or security purposes, measurement of effectiveness of our marketing activities, performance improvements, research, testing and other business purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or services we offer or provide through one or more of the Websites.
- To allow you to use participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To promote the security of our Website by verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activities and enforcing our Terms of Service and policies to the extent necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting the safety and security of the systems and applications used by our Websites and to protect our rights and the rights of others.
- To develop and improve our Website.
- To send you marketing information, service recommendations and other non-transactional communications about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our services necessary for our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior consent, including without limitation, through requests made by you or use of built-in convenience features of the services we provide to you.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our Websites, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please uncheck the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the contact us form).
- HOW WE USE OR SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
5.1. Disclosure of Your Information.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business. We may share Personal Information collected through our Website with companies that perform services on our behalf, including companies that provide website development and hosting.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of all or any portion of ShareTracker or its parent company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by ShareTracker, or its affiliates, about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us information regarding your areas of interest in our services.
- With third-party social media networks, advertising networks and websites, which may also act as separate controllers, so that we can market and advertise on such third-party platforms and websites.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. We may disclose your personal information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or respond to a court order or subpoena; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; or to protect the rights, property or safety of ourselves or others. We reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement, governmental authorities and other third parties any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be harmful or unlawful, with or without providing notice to you
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ShareTracker, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We use and sell personal data to nonaffiliated third parties for the following commercial purposes:
- We collect, use, and sell personal data as part of our consumer and commercial products and services. This includes providing customers with additional data of its current and/or potential customers to supplement their product and services offerings, inform their marketing efforts, or permit our customers to enhance their existing marketing lists for accuracy and effectiveness.
- We collect, use, and sell personal data as part of our products and services, which help customers comply with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We may also disclose aggregated information about you and other users that does not identify you or any other individual, without restriction.
5.2 Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your Personal Information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by unchecking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form). You can also always opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com
- Links to Internet or Mobile Sites. Our Websites may contain links to Internet or mobile sites not owned or operated by us, including to sites featuring companies, products, services or news that may be of interest or to pages that we maintain on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or other social media sites. You should review the privacy and other policies of other Internet and mobile site providers carefully, as these policies may be different than the policies of our Websites. We assume no responsibility or liability for any third party Internet or mobile site operator’s privacy practices.
- Promotional Offers from the Us. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by unchecking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the contact us form) or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to ShareTracker as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
5.3 Choices for Personal Information.
- STORAGE AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Your Personal Information is currently processed and stored in the United States.
Please note, not all countries provide the same level of data protection. In this event, we will ensure that the recipient of your Personal Information offers an adequate level of protection in the country in which it is processed.
- DATA RETENTION AND SECURITY.
7.1 Data Retention.
We retain your Personal Information and information stored and collected through our Website for as long as we have a business or tax need or as applicable laws, regulations, or government orders require. When your information is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purpose or to fulfill a legal or business requirement, we will use reasonable commercial efforts to securely dispose of and destroy your information collected through the Website.
After expiry of the applicable retention periods, your Personal Information will be deleted. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of such Information.
7.2 Data Security.
We, or Our Providers on our behalf, follow generally accepted standards, including organizational, technical and physical measures to help safeguard against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration and unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the Personal Information we process or use. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Website.
Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. If you have any questions about the security of our websites, please contact us by using the information in the “Contact Information” section, below.
If you have any questions about the security of our Websites, please contact us by using the information in the “Contact Information” section, below.
- YOUR RIGHTS
8.1. Your Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
The below section supplements our privacy statement to provide California residents with the information needed to exercise their rights under the CCPA. These rights include:
- Right to Access/Request. You have the right to request that Sharetracker disclose to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Upon a verifiable request, we will disclose to you: (i) the categories of Personal Information we collected about you; (ii) our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information; (iii) the categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information; and (iv) the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- Right to Erase/Delete. You have the right to request the erasure/deletion/removal of your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where we do not have a valid reason to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law. Please Note: we may deny your request for erasure which will be notified to you, if applicable, to the extent Sharetracker requires your Personal Information to: (1) complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of ShareTracker’s ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between Sharetracker and you; (2) detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity; (3) to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (4) exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his/her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law; (5) comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act; (6) enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with you expectations based on the your relationship with Sharetracker; (7) comply with a legal obligation; (9) otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to object to sale of your Personal Information to a third party and we are prohibited from discriminating against you for exercising this right. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms. To make a request in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act, please send an email to email@example.com with “CCPA Privacy” in the subject line, or use this form.
- Right Not to Be Discriminated Against. Sharetracker will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not: (i) deny you use of our Services, and (ii) provide you a different level or quality of Services.
8.2. How to Exercise Your Rights.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA or under other applicable laws, please contact us by using the information in the “Contact Information” section, below. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within a 45 days and will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your request. Occasionally it may take us longer than anticipated, taking into account the complexity and number of requests we receive. If we require more time (up to 90 days) we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you are an employee of a customer of ours, we recommend you contact your company’s system administrator for assistance in correcting or updating your information.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
8.3. Your Preferences for Email and SMS Marketing Communications.
If we process your Personal Information for the purpose of sending you marketing communications, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails, by replying or texting ‘STOP’ if you receive SMS communications or by turning off push notifications on our apps on your device. Additionally, you may unsubscribe by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below. Please note that opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of receiving important business communications related to your current relationship with us, such as communications about our services being provided to you, service announcements or security information.
9.2 Children’s Privacy.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children and encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Our Websites are not directed to children or designed to attract them. You must be at least 16 years of age to use our Websites and Services. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information about users that are under 16 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 16 years of age, we will remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases and prevent the user from further using our Websites and services. If you become aware that a user is under 16 years of age, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a user who is identified in this manner, we may require you to submit suitable proof of age, such as a copy of government-issued identification, in order to continue using the our Websites.
9.3 Monitoring and Enforcement.
In accordance with applicable laws, you may request access and raise concerns or complaints regarding your Personal Information processed by us with by contacting us: by email at email@example.com.